|25/07/2020||Junior A HC 1st Round||2.30pm||Tom Ryall Park||James Stephens||GBC 0-22 James Stephens 0-9|
|29/07/2020||U15 HL/C 1st Round||7.00pm||Tom Ryall Park||Erin’s Own||GBC 2-12 Erin’s Own 0-12|
|31/07/2020||Senior HC Round 1||7.30pm||Freshford||Clara||GBC 0-16 Clara 1-21|
|03/08/2020||Minor B HL/C Round 2||7.00pm||Urlingford||Emeralds||GBC 6-16 Emeralds 2-10|
|05/08/2020||U15 HL/C Round 2||7.00pm||Kells Road||James Stephens||GBC 2-11 James Stephens 2-12|
|07/08/2020||Senior HC Round 2||7.15pm||Freshford||Dicksboro|
|09/08/2020||Junior A HC 2nd Round||3.00pm||Tullaroan||Tullaroan|
St Brigids U14 camogie panel had their first challenge match against Callan on Monday evening 13th July in our own pitch. Under the new normal our girls had a tough but impressive game, they all worked hard and played very well, the skill everyone showed was brilliant, thanks to our referee on the night, Mary Murphy, a big thanks for a great job, thanks to all the parents and supporters, and thanks to Callan for a great match. The U14’s have their first league match next Sunday evening, 19th July against Thomastown in Thomastown. Well done girls 👏 👏 great performance 👏👏
There will be a ‘Return to Play’ webinar hosted by Kilkenny GAA this Thursday at 8pm.
If you would like to join please click on the link below at 8pm Thursday 25th June 2020
A lot of work has been carried out since the GAA announced the re-opening of its’ playing grounds. Suitable signage, sanitising units and guidelines have been adopted to ensure the health and safety of all our members.
One of the key control measures that have been put in place as part of a Safe Return to Gaelic Games is the completion of a Health Questionnaire.
- Adult Players, Parents/Guardians of underage players and Team Personnel will be required to complete the online Health Questionnaire ONCE prior to their return to Gaelic Games.
- Using the same system, Adult Players, Parents/Guardians and Team Personnel will be required to declare, before each training session/game, that their health status has not changed.
The Online System for the Health Questionnaire is now live and this is the only system that should be used.
The link to the questionnaire is https://returntoplay.gaa.ie
If you have any questions please contact your teams Covid Supervisor or any Club Officer.
Please find below a list of the clubs’ Covid Supervisors:
- U-7 ALAN TRAYER (087)7567643
- U-9 PHILLY CODY (086)3177807
- U-11 AISLING O’DEA (087)6773205
- U-13 GER NEARY (086)8471743
- U-15 PHILLY CODY (086)3177807
- U-17 ADRIAN BUTLER (087)9493173
- ADULT PHILOMENA BRENNAN (086)0655854
- ADULT PAT HAYES (087)2844349
Booking for Kilkenny GAA Cúl camps starts later THIS week.
Those with a previous 2020 booking can book NOW using their priority code. The link is :
GAA Cúl Camps online booking
Important Message to Players, Mentors and Parents of Juvenile players – The Covid-19 Club Education eLearning module for Gaelic Games is now available. It takes 20 minutes to complete.
It MUST be done before returning to training/games.
Access here : https://courses.gaa.ie/Covid19ClubEd
Also, a GAA Health Questionnaire must be completed by all participants before a return to activity. This, along with the eLearning module mentioned above, which must also be undertaken, are two key parts of the return to play roadmap for Gaelic games. Click here for access to the Questionnaire guide.
All of the Covid-19 related supports and resources for clubs and counties are available via the Covid-19 resources link at GAA.ie
The GAA have announced a roadmap to recommencing training and games and this includes U13, U15 and U17 Championship. The club are working through the details at the moment and we are currently planning to go back training on the week of 29th June 2020 and will train on Monday, Thursday and Saturday evenings. We hope lots of our players have been doing some hurling and physical work over the break but if anyone needs a plan over the next 2 weeks we have attached a strength programme below based on bodyweight exercises. This includes You Tube videos of the correct technique. If any player would like to start some aerobic work, a good target would be to run 1km three times a week at a steady pace. All this work will prevent soreness/stiffness and injury when we get back to the field.
We have also included here a handy booklet on Sports Nutrition for teenagers when they are training which may be useful. safefood-Teen-Sports-Booklet
We look forward to being back on the field and enjoying the 2020 season.
Please Note: All the above is subject to compliance with Covid -19 Guidelines.
Graigue Ballycallan Juvenile Club hope to resume training for all U7 and U9 boys from July 20th when full contact training can resume. Exact dates, times and guidelines will will be communicated in due course
Please Note the following updates for juvenile players/coaches:
- All youth players (13-19 years) and coaches are invited to a webinar this Wednesday 17th June 2020 at 8pm with Noreen Roche (sports nutritionist with Kilkenny Senior Hurling team). The webinar is entitled ‘Nutrition & Hydration for the Youth player’. All players, parents and coaches are invited. Please click on the link below at 7.55pm to access the webinar. https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NzNmZTQ4YmItMmFmNi00YmM2LWJhYTAtZjE3NTY1ZDM1MGMz%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22ac45bc86-afd4-42a5-9fc3-3e87e1b77fce%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22fe35fe91-1f41-4458-9415-fc8957b04d72%22%7d
- Cúl Camps will be going ahead with new dates and with online bookings only. Due to current Covid regulations ‘walk-ups’ will not be permitted. This is constantly changing and capacity could be reduced. Cúl Camps website should be going live by the end of the week with amended dates.
Kilkenny GAA recently ran a ‘Favoutite Moment’ series on their website and asked local GAA supporters to write about ‘What my Club means to me’. Here is a lovely article written by a Graigue Ballycallan Club supporter and appears on Kilkenny GAA website. http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/2883
Congratulations to Amy Manogue from Senior Infants in St. Aidan’s NS who got the most votes in her age category nationally for her fantastic school gloves design in the IDSPORTS ‘Design your own glove competition’ The school will now get 20 pairs of these custom designed gloves.
Well done Amy!