Report by Phil Maher
Graigue Ballycallan U10’s hosted Danesfort at Tom Ryall Park in Kilmanagh on Friday 17th May ably assisted by some brave boys from the U8’s. All were needed against a team that were spoilt for choice in the numbers they had available. Both clubs divided into two groups of ten players and each team rotated so that two hard fought games were played on a windy pitch. Everyone will learn from these hard fought games and in the long run it’s the Team effort that comes out on top!
- Cillian Hoyne – played very well in goal. Good puck outs and stopped a number of hard shots
- Frank McCluskey – made good interceptions and marked his man well.
- Aidan Comerford – played very well at full back and scored a great individual goal
- Oran Hoyne – good tough corner back and he let fly on everything
- Ben Young – excellent striking, succeeded in getting most of our scores and worked his heart out
- Ben McEvoy – lovely striker of the ball and uses the handpass well
- Tony Butler – great attacking play, always a threat up front and never gave up
- Christopher O’Mahony – lashed on a few great balls & intelligent play into space
- Martin Brennan – worked very hard and used his speed and strength very well
- Donnacha Cleere – played outfield very well and was busy in goal making fine saves
- Robbie Lynch – worked very hard and never gave up.
- Paidi Egan – great hearted chap who always gives it 100%
- Eoghan Cahill – tough and committed and never gives his opponent a yard
- Shane Cody – continually worked hard and laid on a few nice passes
- Sean McGrath – central to the whole back line and produced mighty clearances
- Michael Tynan – very tidy hurler with great clearances from defence
- Elliot Teehan – Brave hearted and strong player who never gives up.
- Robbie Tector – covers a lot of ground and continually chases the ball, never gives up.
- Aidin Ging – great hearted and brave player scored two great goals
- JJ Maher – works hard and finding his niche in the team
Graigue only won one of the four games but importantly fought very hard to the final whistle. No doubt with games likes these, it gives all the panel an idea what it takes to succeed and enjoy their chosen sport and the commitment and determination needed when you meet tough opponents.