A lot of work has been carried out since the GAA announced the re-opening of its’ playing grounds. Suitable signage, sanitising units and guidelines have been adopted to ensure the health and safety of all our members.
One of the key control measures that have been put in place as part of a Safe Return to Gaelic Games is the completion of a Health Questionnaire.
- Adult Players, Parents/Guardians of underage players and Team Personnel will be required to complete the online Health Questionnaire ONCE prior to their return to Gaelic Games.
- Using the same system, Adult Players, Parents/Guardians and Team Personnel will be required to declare, before each training session/game, that their health status has not changed.
The Online System for the Health Questionnaire is now live and this is the only system that should be used.
The link to the questionnaire is https://returntoplay.gaa.ie
If you have any questions please contact your teams Covid Supervisor or any Club Officer.
Please find below a list of the clubs’ Covid Supervisors:
- U-7 ALAN TRAYER (087)7567643
- U-9 PHILLY CODY (086)3177807
- U-11 AISLING O’DEA (087)6773205
- U-13 GER NEARY (086)8471743
- U-15 PHILLY CODY (086)3177807
- U-17 ADRIAN BUTLER (087)9493173
- ADULT PHILOMENA BRENNAN (086)0655854
- ADULT PAT HAYES (087)2844349
Booking for Kilkenny GAA Cúl camps starts later THIS week.
Those with a previous 2020 booking can book NOW using their priority code. The link is :
GAA Cúl Camps online booking
Important Message to Players, Mentors and Parents of Juvenile players – The Covid-19 Club Education eLearning module for Gaelic Games is now available. It takes 20 minutes to complete.
It MUST be done before returning to training/games.
Access here : https://courses.gaa.ie/Covid19ClubEd
Also, a GAA Health Questionnaire must be completed by all participants before a return to activity. This, along with the eLearning module mentioned above, which must also be undertaken, are two key parts of the return to play roadmap for Gaelic games. Click here for access to the Questionnaire guide.
All of the Covid-19 related supports and resources for clubs and counties are available via the Covid-19 resources link at GAA.ie
Graigue Ballycallan Juvenile Club hope to resume training for all U7 and U9 boys from July 20th when full contact training can resume. Exact dates, times and guidelines will will be communicated in due course
Please Note the following updates for juvenile players/coaches:
- All youth players (13-19 years) and coaches are invited to a webinar this Wednesday 17th June 2020 at 8pm with Noreen Roche (sports nutritionist with Kilkenny Senior Hurling team). The webinar is entitled ‘Nutrition & Hydration for the Youth player’. All players, parents and coaches are invited. Please click on the link below at 7.55pm to access the webinar. https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NzNmZTQ4YmItMmFmNi00YmM2LWJhYTAtZjE3NTY1ZDM1MGMz%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22ac45bc86-afd4-42a5-9fc3-3e87e1b77fce%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22fe35fe91-1f41-4458-9415-fc8957b04d72%22%7d
- Cúl Camps will be going ahead with new dates and with online bookings only. Due to current Covid regulations ‘walk-ups’ will not be permitted. This is constantly changing and capacity could be reduced. Cúl Camps website should be going live by the end of the week with amended dates.
Kilkenny GAA recently ran a ‘Favoutite Moment’ series on their website and asked local GAA supporters to write about ‘What my Club means to me’. Here is a lovely article written by a Graigue Ballycallan Club supporter and appears on Kilkenny GAA website. http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/2883
Congratulations to Amy Manogue from Senior Infants in St. Aidan’s NS who got the most votes in her age category nationally for her fantastic school gloves design in the IDSPORTS ‘Design your own glove competition’ The school will now get 20 pairs of these custom designed gloves.
Well done Amy!
Graigue Ballycallan GAA Club are aware of the potential challenges facing the elderly and vulnerable in our community. Read more
We are in unprecedented times, we need to follow the advice from our Public Health experts. Speak to your children, sit with them, look at, study, discuss and implement the HSE Guidelines on hand hygiene, cough etiquette, general hygiene and what to do it you have symptoms or have come in contact with someone who has the virus.
We all need to take responsibility and reduce our social contact, particularly with those who are most vulnerable. Together we will get through this.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL MEMEBERS:
All Club activity has been suspended!
Please see below official statement for the GAA
‘In light of this morning’s Government announcement, the GAA, An Cumann Camógaíochta and the Ladies Gaelic Football Association have decided to suspend all activity at Club, Inter-County and Educational levels until March 29 (inclusive) from midnight tonight’
NOTE: Change of venue for today’s game. Game will be in St. James’s Park, Kilkenny NOT in Dicksboro GAA Club grounds.
Please find the link below to the latest GAA Club Newsletter. Any feedback is welcome and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GAA Club Newsletter January 2020